Thursday, June 24

A letter to Western Media Representatives


(Appologies for typos, spelling and grammatical mistakes - forgot to include in original email)
Dear Mr. Morales,



I was kind of disturbed by seeing your news article published in
Bloomberg today : India Kills 5 Kashmir Rebels; 23 People Hurt in
Blast, AFP Says .
(http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000080&sid=audL0YUGBIL8&refer=asia)



It seems that either I am ingorant about politics and my country or
the western media doesn't have the willigness or honesty to understand
the difference between "Rebel", "Terrorist" or "Militant". I am in no
support and bias towards India and Pakistant , I am hopless about both
their politics and politicians.



I know you don't represent the entire western media but atleast I can
know your personal thoughts on this and your reply may also eliminate
certain misconceptions in my mind (if any) and I would get my facts
straight.



I would like to ask you on the behalf of a common Indian Citizens,
relatives of the people who died in Kashmir & rest of India and
families of martyr soldiers . I will be very obliged to know what
makes you say these peoples "Islamic Rebels", is India - Pakistan
issue a Hindu - Muslim issue, I think by attaching this tag of
"Islamic (Rebels) you are hurting Muslims in India also. Please let us
know why don't you use the term "Terrorits" .



If according to you the definition of "Rebel" is correct then, do
rebels kill people in another states and innocent common citizens who
are in no-way attached to Kashmir issue ? . For Example : Mumbai Bomb
Blast and Gujarat Temple Attack.



Also if they are truly rebels then why are Indian Politicians remain
untouched and the body count of innocent people increases day-by-day.
Who are they rebelling against normal people of India (for your
information Hindus & Muslims both) or Goverment of India.



Again, I would be very obliged to get the reply from you, or if you
think I am a Hindu fundamentalist and a "Rebel" then please do
understand that I do not kill people and I know that your mail
software has a "Delete" button.



Thanks & Regards,
Santoshkumar
http://sanspeak.blogspot.com



cc : Editor responsible for this story: Peter Torday at ptorday@bloomberg.net.



PS : For your easy reference I have also copy - pasted the definition
of Rebels & Terrorist from dictionary.com



http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=rebel



re bel ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-bl)
intr.v. re belled, re bel ling, re bels
To refuse allegiance to and oppose by force an established government
or ruling authority.
To resist or defy an authority or a generally accepted convention.
To feel or express strong unwillingness or repugnance: She rebelled at
the unwelcome suggestion.



http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=terrorist



ter ror ist ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trr-st)
n.
One that engages in acts or an act of terrorism.



ter ror ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tr-rzm)
n.
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or
an organized group against people or property with the intention of
intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for
ideological or political reasons.